The 3rd Annual " Million Father March " For Information inbox 1. Danny A Bell 2. Gregory L Thomas Calling all " Supporter's " to show up, take a stand and March for our kids
The 3rd Annual
” Million Father March ”
Calling all ” Supporter’s ” to show up, take a stand and March for our kids rights and treatment in the Portland Public School System and surrounding School Districts.
Please share with your friends and family on Facebook.
Women and Children are Welcomed to march.
Needing all Support from Local Organization.
Cost: Free to all
Time: 1pm – 5pm
Place: King Elementary School
4609 NE 6th Ave
Portland, Or 97211
Date: February, 10, 2018
to Alberta St
to MLK Jr Blvd
to Killingsworth St
to Commercial St
Jefferson High School
FATHERS ARE IMPORTANT!
Fathers can be a transformative force in schools, The March can serve as a catalyst for fathers’ positive contributions throughout the school year and beyond.
• Research shows that children whose fathers take active roles in their educational lives earn better grades, score higher on tests, enjoy school more, and are more likely to graduate from high school and pursue post-secondary educational opportunities.
• Children have fewer behavior problems when fathers speak and listen to them regularly and are active in their lives.
• Good fathers are part of good parent teams, which are critical to strong family structures.
• Strong family structures produce children who are more centered, confident, academically proficient, and socially developed—valuable community assets.
• Fathers who actively participate in the educational and social-developmental lives of children are invaluable and irreplaceable.
• Better parents produce better students, better schools, and better communities!
SET GOALS TO INCREASE FATHERS’ INVOLVEMENT IN SCHOOLS.
Fathers’ positive presence contributes in numerous ways to school environments—making their children proud while serving as strong, role-models and leaders for children whose fathers are absent. Identify two or three goals and corresponding activities to encourage Fathers to show up and make a difference at school.
• Increase the number of fathers in the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), local school council, or other parent-led group at the school or in the community.
• Recruit men to volunteer regularly as field-trip chaperones, mentors, or in whatever capacity works best for schools.
• Recruit men to volunteer at community-based education nonprofit organizations.
• Increase fathers’ participation at parent teacher conferences.
• Prepare fathers to feel comfortable with school personnel and to be willing to ask questions and effectively voice their concerns.
(Saturday) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm PST
Steven Urban Affairz Stanton, Steven Durand Stanton, Donovan L Rivers, Sheila Washington Warren, Sincere Le'yours Stanton
Martin Luther King Elementary School4801 Idaho St Vancouver, Washington 98661Lowest grade taught: Kindergarten - Highest grade taught: 5th Grade